Monday, September 01, 2008

Meeting Tori Amos

Had a chance to meet Tori Amos at San Diego Comic-Con (I took the picture with my friends Tiffany & Sam from Amazon). Tori was at the convention to promote her new book COMIC BOOK TATTOO - which is a 480 pages behemoth with 50+ artist interpreting her songs. It is the most impressive art/comic book I've seen so far this year.

The first time I heard Tori Amos was when she performed her acapella version of a Nivarna song on the local Seattle radio station. She was on the show to promote her concert that evening. By her famous strutting the piano style is well known & well copied, but back then (this was probably 17 years ago) I had never seen anything like it and immediately fell in love with both her music and especially her live performances. In the ensuing years I've seen her many times, including the legendary Radio Music Hall nights. I've also collected most of her bootlegs covers (it is her habit to cover artists such as Bonnie Tyler and Aerosmith during encores). ANYWAY - check out the book - it's mucho fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home